Gate Safety Barrier 2 Metre is one of the most popular blow moulded barriers. This superior blow moulded HDPE barrier offers superb quality at a low life cost.
Please note this gate comes with the Anti Trip Feet not the normal feet.
• Incredible strength and durability.
• Free standing with 360° swivel feet.
• Free from screws and rivets.
• Stacks in 50mm (2 inch) with location (40 per pallet).
• Moulded in orange as standard, but can be coloured to suit.
• Coloured feet if desired.
• A moulded lamp connector.
• Barrier to barrier connection is quick and easy to use on uneven ground.
• Manufactured in High Density Polyethylene.
• Company identification can be embossed.
• Doubles as a crowd control barrier.
• Barrier-to-barrier connection allows angular movement in plan and elevation.
• One-piece anti-trip feet to limit risk of trips to walking pedestrians.
• Weighs 11.2 kg
• Made in Britain
- Conforms to requirements of BSEN8442
- Reflectivity requirements of BSEN12899-1
- Chapter 8 – The Traffic Signs Manual
- Safety at Street Works & Road Works – A Code of Practice.
- Traffic Signs Regulations & General Directions
All temporary traffic barriers must be able to withstand three different classes of wind speeds with the use of a ballast. The standard BS 8442:2006 states the three classes as the following:
Class A: 26.3 m/s (58mph)
Class B: 17.6 m/s (39mph)
Class C: 8.7m/s (19mph)
The Gate Barrier system was tested under strict conditions at the Full Scale Wind Tunnel at Mira to determine at which wind speeds the barrier can withstand. Below are the results and guides as to the recommended ballast weight for each Wind Class:
Class C – Withstood up to 19.4mph so recommended Ballast Weight = 0kg.
Class B – Withstood up to 42.3mph so recommended Ballast Weight = 40kg.
Class A – Withstood up to 59.1mph so recommended Ballast Weight = 90kg.
Boxed – Withstood up to 59.4mph so recommended Ballast Weight = 70kg.